Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ready to Retire - Really!

My name is Cheryl – but everyone who has known me for longer than 5 minutes calls me Cheri.  Today I turned 56.  One year ago today I began blogging about my journey in getting ready to retire.  Today I can say with certainty that I am in fact ready to take the leap into retirement.

I have seventeen business days to complete at work.  I expect them to be action-packed.  I wondered aloud to a former manager if I would really be able to get everything done before I left.  She gave me the sage advice that I would not – and not to let that bother me. 
It will take nine people to replace me.  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. J  In reality, my position is not being replaced.  No surprise there – many businesses are scaling back and my employer is no exception.  I sincerely hope that my retirement will make it so someone else stays employed. 

I see retirement as both an ending and a beginning:  A new job and lifestyle as a campground host.  A new career as a writer.  And a new look for this blog.  I AM ready to retire – really!
The journey begins…

No comments:

Post a Comment