Thursday, November 15, 2018

Redemption Run - Part III

Victory!

The Las Vegas Rock -n- Roll Marathon 2018 is in the books.  I finished in 4 hours, 44 minutes and 26 seconds – exactly 23 minutes and 23 seconds faster than last year!  I finished with no digestive issues, no leg cramps, and with energy to spare.

The changes I made from last year to this year definitely helped.  One change I didn’t make:  my choice of running buddies.  Sue was amazing – as she was last year.  She kept me on pace, jogged backwards to stay with me when I slowed, and cheered me on the whole way.  She beat the Boston Qualifier time for her age group by 10 minutes and took not only her age group but the group ahead of her.  Yeah, she’s that good.

It’ll be a while before I hit my Boston Qualifying time.  I’m counting on my better times to intersect with an older age group by 2021.

In the meantime, Sue and I are scheming on our next marathon – 2020.  Destination:  Hawaii!



No comments:

Post a Comment