Friday, August 26, 2011

Discipline - Exercise

One of the things I give up when I leave Corporate America is the fitness center in my building.  Yes – I am fortunate enough to work for a progressive company that understands the value of a fit employee.  While the gym in my office building is small, it features weight machines, free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines and stationary bikes – all facing a flat screen TV for the times I forget to bring my iPod.

I am a runner.  OK – I am a fair-weather runner.  I love to run outside when it’s not too hot and not too cold.  Where I live I can usually run outside between April and October, leaving November, December, January and February needing an indoor exercise facility.  Of course, if we choose to winter in a warm climate, this issue goes away.

But if we winter here, I’ll need a way to get regular exercise in the winter months.  I could join a gym or one of the community recreation centers.  The senior center may have exercise options.  And what about days in the fifth wheel where I’m in rugged country and nowhere near a gym?  Maybe it’s time to buy a copy of “Wii-Fit” and try it out.  Or purchase an exercise DVD with hand weights – one of my co-workers swears by it.

I made arrangements to tour Gold’s Gym next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment