Friday, May 6, 2011

Our Long-standing Dream

My husband, Paul, and I have always planned to retire “early” and work in resort areas.  From our mid-20s on we’ve dreamed of working at Lake Powell, of working a fishing lodge in Alaska, of working as camp hosts in the mountains in the summer; at the beach in the winter.  We’ve always expected that we would work these types of jobs, not only as part of the adventure but as a way to continue to make a little income – making our adventures somewhat self-supporting.  I’ll document my research into what it will take to become a camp host and to work in resort areas. 
During the non-working seasons we planned to travel.  I’ve never been to Washington, D.C.  I’ve never been to New England.  I’d like to see a ball game in Wrigley Field and a ball game in Fenway Park.  I’d like to visit Italy and Denmark – the homes of my ancestors.  We’re hoping to be able to spend some time in many locations we’ve never even visited – to get to know the culture and the people who call the place home.  And we’re hoping to become re-acquainted with our own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment