Friday, May 13, 2011

My Long-Standing Dream

From as long as I can remember, I have loved to write.  I’ve written the newsletter for every volunteer organization I’ve ever belonged to.  I’ve written magazine articles, collected rejection slips, and even had a few published.  And I’ve written down ideas, tucked them away in a file, waiting for the day when I didn’t work 9 to 5 and was able to write whenever I wanted.

So I’ve always known that I would write when I retired.  I’ve already started – I’m writing a blog called “Ready to Retire – Really?”  Of course, you knew that.  I will write this blog for a full year after the “official retirement date.”  I am also going to try my hand at writing fiction, and perhaps look into newspaper and magazine articles again.  Who knows – maybe the AARP needs a roving reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment